Writer: Steve Byrns, 325-653-4576, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Brady Rose Evans, 325-732-4304, Brady.Evans@ag.tamu.edu
Trevor Dickschat, 325-597-1295, email@example.com
Lisa Brown, 325-396-4737, firstname.lastname@example.org
BRADY – The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service will conduct the Tri-County Land and Livestock Conference on Dec. 3 at the Heart of Texas Event Center, 804 San Angelo Highway, Brady.
The program, to be conducted by the AgriLife Extension offices in Concho, McCulloch, and Menard counties, will start with registration at 8 a.m. followed by the program from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
“Everything from rainfall insurance to cattle market outlook and a lot in between best describes this event,” said Brady Rose Evans, AgriLife Extension agent in Concho County. “In planning this meeting, we gathered the most recent concerns from producers and will use them as the topics for the conference.”
Preregistration by Nov. 25 is $25 for individuals and $40 for couples. After that, the fees rise to $30 and $50 respectively.
Three Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units, one laws and regulations and two general, will be offered.
Topics and speakers are to include:
– Pesticide Laws and Regulations, Cory Pence, Texas Department of Agriculture pesticide inspector, San Angelo.
– Range Herbicide Update and Common Herbicide Use Mistakes, Dr. Bob Lyons, AgriLife Extension range specialist, Uvalde.
– Proper Use Of Hand Spraying Pesticides, Jeff Gerhart, Helena Chemical, Fort Worth.
– Rainfall Insurance, Bill Thompson, AgriLife Extension economist, San Angelo.
– Cattle Market Outlook, Thompson.
– Rural Water Concerns/Issues, Doug Shaw, agriculture and rural Texas ombudsman, Texas Water Development Board, Austin.
– Estate Planning and Tax Considerations, Dr. Wayne Hayenga, AgriLife Extension economist emeritus, College Station.
– Land Leases: Grazing/Hunting and Oil/Gas, Tiffany Dowell, AgriLife Extension agricultural law specialist, Amarillo.
For more information,contact Evans at 325-732-4304, Trevor Dickschat, AgriLife Extension agent in McCulloch County,at 325-597-1295, or Lisa Brown, AgriLife Extension agent in Menard County, at 325-396-4787.