Abilene, Midland, San Angelo to host water saving programs
Writer: Steve Byrns, 325-653-4576, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Marvin Ensor, 325-653-4576, email@example.com
SAN ANGELO – The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service will conduct three Texas Water Star Conferences in West Texas during June.
Marvin Ensor, AgriLife Extension regional program leader at San Angelo, said the three water conservation programs all have the same curriculum and agenda. Each will run from 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Four Texas Commission on Environmental Quality continuing education units will be available for licensed irrigators at each conference as will four Texas Nursery and Landscape Association continuing educations units for that group’s certified nurserymen.
Dates, locations and local contacts are:
– June 22, AgriLife Extension office in Taylor County, 1982, Lytle Way, Abilene, Robert Pritz, AgriLife Extension agent for Taylor County, 325-672-6048, firstname.lastname@example.org.
– June 23, AgriLife Extension office in Midland County, 2445 E. U.S. Highway 80, Midland, Jeff Floyd, AgriLife Extension horticulturist at Midland, 432-498-4071, email@example.com.
– June 24, Tom Green County 4-H Center, 3168 N. U.S. Highway 67, San Angelo, Allison Watkins, AgriLife Extension horticulturist, Tom Green County, 325-659-6522, firstname.lastname@example.org.
“This trio of educational programs is meant to increase landscape water efficiency in commercial, municipal and school landscapes,” Ensor said.
“The target audience is personnel of those entities responsible for landscaping decisions. That said, anyone interested in learning new technologies and methods for water conservation, over large areas, especially during drought conditions, is welcome to attend.”
Individual registration is $30 due upon arrival. The fee includes lunch.
Conference topics and speakers will include:
– Landscape Water Conservation, Dr. Dotty Woodson, AgriLife Extension water resources program specialist, Dallas.
– Turfgrass Management and Turfgrass Water Use, Dr. Matt Elmore, AgriLife Extension turfgrass specialist, Dallas.
– Irrigation Efficiency and Technology, Dr. Charles Swanson, AgriLife Extension landscape irrigation program specialist, College Station.
For more information on the overall series, contact Ensor at 325-653-4576, email@example.com