- Contact: Marty Morgan, 940-668-5412, email@example.com
The event will be at the Cooke County Fairgrounds, 1901 Justice Center Blvd., from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Registration begins at 7 a.m. Cost is $25. A New York strip steak lunch will be provided.
Attendees are asked to RSVP by Sept. 30 by emailing Marty Morgan, AgriLife Extension agent, Cooke County, at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the AgriLife Extension office in Cooke County at 940-668-5412.
Speakers and topics include:
– Ron Gill, Ph.D., AgriLife Extension beef cattle specialist, College Station – The Art of Marketing Calves.
– Kevin Derzapf, Natural Resource Conservation Service range management specialist – Range/Pasture Management: Grazing, Fire, Fertilizer and Herbicides.
– Eddie Funderburg, Noble Research Institute pasture consultant – Managing Cool-season Pastures: Controlling Weeds, Rust and Disease.
– Morgan – Strategies for Weaning Calves and Culling Cows.
All proceeds from this program will go toward multiple $500 youth agriculture scholarships to qualified applicants who attend college to pursue education related to agriculture.