Do you have unwanted agricultural surplus pesticides? Dispose of them properly at the Agricultural Pesticide Waste Collection event presented by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Weslaco, 2401 E. Business 83 — at the corner of Business 83 and Farm-to-Market Road 1015.
The event is free and open to the public 8 a.m to noon on Nov. 6.
Pesticides must be kept in original containers, even if the label is not present. Unknown pesticides will be sampled and identified on-site.
Accepted items include:
- Outdated, Discontinued or Unwanted Agricultural Pesticides
- Growth Regulators
- Empty, Triple-Rinsed Plastic Pesticide Containers
- Empty or Partial Metal Drums
Materials not accepted include:
- Explosive Ordinances and Ammunition
- Petroleum-Based Products
- Medical Wastes
- Radioactive Substances
- Household Pesticides, Chemicals and Waste
- Fertilizers, Propane or Butane Cylinders
- Chlorinated Hydrocarbons
- Fumigant Canisters
- Used Motor Oil and Other Automobile Fluids
- Auto Batteries
- Empty Totes
- Methyl-Bromide Cylinders
For questions or additional information, contact AgriLife Extension county offices for Hidalgo at 956-383-1026, Cameron at 956-361-8236, or Willacy at 956-689-2412.