The Five-State Beef Conference, sponsored by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Gray County, has been set for Nov. 20 at the AmericInn by Wyndham Pampa Event Center, 1101 N. Hobart St., Pampa.
Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m., with the program beginning at 10 a.m. The cost is $30 per person. Lunch and conference proceedings will be provided.
Registration is requested by Nov. 19. For more information or to register, call Nick Simpson, AgriLife Extension agriculture and natural resources agent for Gray County, at 806-669-8033.
Program topics and presenters will be:
– Market Update, Derrell Peel, Ph.D., Oklahoma State University livestock market economist, Stillwater, Oklahoma.
– Managing Around Wildfire, Tim Steffens, Ph.D., AgriLife Extension and West Texas A&M University range management specialist, Canyon.
– The Cow/Calf Perspective on Bovine Respiratory Disease, John Richeson, Ph.D.,West Texas A&M University associate professor of animal science, Canyon.
– Water Quality in the Southern Great Plains, Robin Cox, ServiTech Laboratories feed account specialist, Amarillo.
– Water for Cattle: Quality, Quantity and Efficiency, Britt Hicks, Ph.D., Oklahoma State University Extension livestock specialist, Stillwater, Oklahoma.
– Research Updates: Kendall Samuelson, Ph.D., West Texas A&M University assistant professor of animal science, and Jenny Jennings, Ph.D., Texas A&M AgriLife Research beef nutritionist, Amarillo.