The event runs from 8:30 a.m-3 p.m. The cost is $35 if registered by Dec. 4 or $45 at the door. Lunch is included. Call the AgriLife Extension office of Lubbock County at 806-775-1740 to register.
“We’re pleased to be able to offer this conference once again to our local community,” said Robert Scott, AgriLife Extension agriculture and natural resources agent for Lubbock County. “There will be a great deal of information covered in a relatively short time frame.”
There are five Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units available, one laws and regulations and four general.
Topics and speakers include:
- Integrated Pest Management Considerations in Cotton – Suhas Vyavhare, Ph.D., AgriLife Extension cotton entomologist, Lubbock.
- Controlling weeds in the landscape – Christina Reid, AgriLife Extension horticulture agent, Lubbock.
- Pesticide Laws and Regulations – Debbie Slocum, assistant regional director, Texas Department of Agriculture, Lubbock.
- Industry Update – Angie Martin, industry relations, Texas Corn Producers, Lubbock.
- Corn Herbicide Management in Water Limited Environments – Jourdan Bell, Ph.D., AgriLife Extension agronomist, Amarillo.
- Soil Health and Cover Crops – Katie Lewis, Ph.D., AgriLife Extension soil scientist, Lubbock.