The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service will be holding their 2020 Commercial Turf and Ornamental Workshop on Feb. 21 at the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension and Research Center, 1102 E. Farm-to-Market Road 1294 in Lubbock.
Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m.; the program will run from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
The workshop will offer five Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units for pesticide applicators.
The cost of the workshop is $50 and payable by check only. An RSVP is required to the AgriLife Extension office in Lubbock at 806-775-1740. Lunch is included.
“This workshop can benefit anyone from homeowners to landscape professionals,” said Christina Reid, AgriLife Extension horticulture agent, Lubbock. “Although the workshop is targeted toward professionals holding commercial pesticide applicators licenses, the information is useful for anyone who manages plants or a landscape.”
Topics covered will include:
- Are Grubs Grubbing on your Lawn? – Joey Young, Ph.D., assistant professor of turfgrass science, Texas Tech University, Lubbock.
- Weed Control During Drought Conditions – Russ Wallace, Ph.D., AgriLife Extension vegetable specialist, Lubbock.
- New Spray Laws and Regulations – Debbie Slocum, Texas Department of Agriculture assistant regional director, Lubbock.
- Soil Health – Katie Lewis, Ph.D., AgriLife Extension soil health specialist, Lubbock.
- Is There a Fungus Among Us? – Christina Reid, AgriLife Extension horticulture agent, Lubbock.
Call the AgriLife Extension office at 806-775-1740 for more information.