With the impending implementation of the new hemp regulations in Texas, a Hemp Webinar Series will be hosted by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service crops committee in Wichita County.
The webinars can be accessed from any computer, but David Graf, AgriLife Extension agriculture and natural resources agent in Wichita Falls, said they will also host a group viewing at Midwestern State University each week, with a Dutch Treat lunch.
For those wanting to attend at the Midwestern State site, go to the Dillard College of Business Administration located on the corner of Council Drive and Hempstead Lane. The viewing will be on the second floor, Room 247D.
For those wanting to view from another location, RSVP one week prior to a session by email to email@example.com or call 940-716-8610. An email invitation will be sent to each person registered with instructions for how to join the session.
Each session will include two speakers, with the first from 11:20 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and the second from 12:30-1:30 p.m.
The following is a list of session dates, topics and speakers:
Session 1, Feb. 12
- Hemp Economics, George M. Knapek, Ph.D., program manager for representative farms with the Agricultural and Food Policy Center at Texas A&M University, College Station.
- Key Legal Considerations, Tiffany Dowell Lashmet, AgriLife Extension agricultural law specialist, Amarillo.
Session 2, Feb. 19
- Farmer to Farmer on Hemp, Phillip Chavez, Diamond A CBD grower and processor, LaJunta, Colorado.
- Equipment for Growing Hemp Fiber and CBD, TBA.
Session 3, Feb. 26
- Texas Department of Agriculture Hemp Rules and Regulations for 2020, Tim Kleinschmidt, TDA general counsel, Austin.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Hemp Farm Program, Wylie Rakestraw, USDA-Risk Management Agency, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Session 4, March 4
- Farmer to Farmer on Hemp for Fiber, Rader Gilleland, grower in Arizona and Colorado, Uvalde.
- Hemp Fiber Processor to Farmer, TBA.