An online Beef Cattle and Forage Management program will be held from 9 a.m.-noon on May 15.
The program, presented by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service offices in Atascosa, Bexar, Guadalupe and Wilson counties, will offer one general Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education unit for attendees.
The cost is $10. Attendees will need a laptop or desktop computer and internet access.
To register, email Chris Lambert at email@example.com. Once registered, attendees will be provided the link for participation. Make checks payable to Bexar County Ag and Natural Resources Committee and mail to Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, 3355 Cherry Ridge, Suite 212, San Antonio, TX 78230
Program topics and presenters will be:
- COVID-19 and Its Potential Impact on the Cattle Market, David Anderson, Ph.D., AgriLife Extension economist, College Station.
- Purchasing Replacement Females – How to Invest My Dollars, Joe Paschal, Ph.D. AgriLife Extension livestock specialist, Corpus Christi.
- Tips for Getting the Most Return Out of Pastures, Josh McGinty, Ph.D., AgriLife Extension agronomist, Corpus Christi.
- Cost-Saving Tips for Managing Brush, Bob Lyons, Ph.D., AgriLife Extension range specialist, Uvalde.
- Biosecurity with Animal Issues During and After a Disaster, Bryan Davis, AgriLife Extension disaster assessment and recovery agent, Guadalupe County.