The South Plains Ag Conference, hosted by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service offices in Terry and Yoakum counties, will be held virtually Jan. 20.
Registration is required in advance for all participants. The cost is $15. The program will begin at 9 a.m. and will end around 1 p.m.
One Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education unit will be offered for those who participate in the auxin training.
The conference is open to producers from these and surrounding counties, according to Sierra Stephens, AgriLife Extension agriculture and natural resources agent in Yoakum County.
Topics and AgriLife Extension speakers will be:
– Vegetable Gardening, Russ Wallace, Ph.D., horticulturalist, Lubbock.
– Integrating Sheep into a Crop Operation, Tim Steffens, Ph.D., range specialist, Canyon.
– Budgeting and Risk Management for 2021, Will Keeling, risk management program specialist, Lubbock.
– Livestock Management, Jason Smith, Ph.D., beef cattle specialist, Amarillo.
– Auxin Certification, Scott Nolte, Ph.D., state weed specialist, Bryan-College Station.
For more information, contact Stephens at 806-456-2263, email@example.com, or Geoff Cooper, AgriLife Extension agriculture and natural resources agent in Terry County, at 806-637-4060, Geoff.firstname.lastname@example.org.