The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service’s annual right-of-way, ROW, and ornamental and turf, OAT, conferences in the High Plains are back in person.
The ROW and OAT conferences will be held jointly on July 27 in the Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center, 6500 Amarillo Blvd. W., Amarillo. The AgriLife Extension offices in Deaf Smith and Potter counties are hosting the event.
Registration for the joint conference is $25 and will begin at 8 a.m. The speakers will begin at 9 a.m. and end at 3 p.m. There will be five Texas Department of Agriculture, TDA, continuing education credits offered – three general and one each in drift management and laws and regulations categories.
On the agenda
Topics and speakers will be as follows:
– Fungus on Ornamentals, Jake Wyley, Quali-Pro mid-south area manager, Big Spring.
– Reading and Understanding Pesticide Labels, Shane Medlock, Alligare territory manager for Lubbock-Levelland area.
– Weed Control, Joey Young, Ph.D., assistant professor of turfgrass science, Texas Tech University, Lubbock.
– Drift Management, Joe Zotter, Texas Wildlife Services wildlife biologist, Canyon.
– Laws and Regulations, Kyle Thompson, TDA, Lubbock.