The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service will present a free Wisdom, Power and Control program for adults with Type 2 diabetes beginning March 7 in Waco.
The four-week program will be held from 2-4 p.m. on Tuesdays through March 28 at the AgriLife Extension office in McLennan County at 4224 Cobbs Drive.
There is no cost to attend, but preregistration is required by calling the AgriLife Extension office at 254-757-5180 or by emailing email@example.com.
The series will be taught by Colleen Foleen, AgriLife Extension family and community health agent for McLennan County.
“Wisdom, Power and Control is a program for people with Type 2 diabetes that explores a new topic each week,” Foleen said. “This is an opportunity to get the facts from diabetic experts and professional educators, ask the questions you want answered, get the encouragement you need to make positive life changes and to meet others who have the same concerns you do.”
Wisdom, Power and Control topics
Program participants will learn:
- To better understand and identify diabetes.
- To check blood glucose levels.
- To develop diabetes self-care skills.
- To understand medicines for diabetes.
- To improve eating habits and maintain good nutrition.
- To increase physical activity.
- To prevent diabetes complications.
- To improve quality of life while living with Type 2 diabetes.