The Texas A&M University College of Agriculture and Life Sciences congratulates the outstanding students receiving 2021 Senior Merit Awards. Presented by the College for over 50 years, these awards recognize the best of the best graduating seniors.
The selection criteria for Senior Merit Awards include scholarship, Texas A&M activities, community involvement, professional and civic activities, internships and employment, awards, honors and undergraduate research activities and publications.
Each department in the College nominates students and the college scholarship committee makes the final selection of the recipients. The following students, representing 15 departments, are the 2021 Senior Merit honorees:
- Conner Neumann, Bellville.
- Sarah Diebel, Victoria.
- Jackie Doss, Georgetown.
- Seth Jordan, College Station.
- Shelby Lepley, Huntsville.
Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communications
- Kate West, Falls City.
- Hannah Chambers, Georgetown.
- Kaydee Free, Salado.
- Norman Halbrooks, Tyler.
- Kaylee Greiner, Christianburg, VA
- Payton Ramsey, Garrison.
- Sarah Bludau, Halletsville.
- Xandra Meneses, Houston.
- Morgan Mathis, Kingsville.
Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- Zoe Amerigian, Bryan.
- Alec Macmanus, Harlingen.
- Angelica Rodriguez, Austin.
- Courtney Reid, College Station.
- Michelle Shannon, Houston.
Food Science and Technology
- Lucas Haskins, College Station.
- Nooran Riaz, College Station.
- Dylan Noble, Boerne.
- Natalie Weisz, Plano.
- Elizabeth Weisner, Southlake.
- Ruth Scego, Vidor.
Plant Pathology and Microbiology
- Madison Ebest, Austin.
- Holly Meir, Katy.
- Ashlynn Eubanks, Mount Pleasant.
- Michelle Sutton, El Campo.
- Tatum Sandburg, Haltom City.
- Austin Silva, Kingsville.
- Teagan Moritz, Magnolia.
- Madalynn Hare, Burlington.
Soil and Crop Sciences
- Walker Crane, Milano.
These students are pursuing legacy degrees in the former Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences and Ecosystem Science and Management departments.
- Joseph Richards, Boerne.
- Grace Vielleux, Cedar Park.
- Harrison Coker, Buckholts.
- Tristan Winslett-Owen, College Station.
- Katherine Mason, Houston.
Alpha Zeta Awards
The College also celebrated the Alpha Zeta Award winners. Alpha Zeta is an honorary professional society for students and industry professionals in agricultural and natural resources fields.
- Outstanding Freshman — Miles Cook, Plant Pathology and Microbiology.
- Outstanding Sophomore — Carly Oldag, Poultry Science.
- Outstanding Junior — Alyssa Low, Biological and Agricultural Engineering.