The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and OneOp are hosting a webinar on ethics and professional practice for those who serve and support military families on Dec. 6.
The free webinar will be held from 10-11 a.m. OneOp is a virtual professional development platform for providers who serve military families. Participants can register by visiting https://oneop.org/learn/160013/.
Once registered, participants will receive an email with instructions and a link to the event. Those who are having issues viewing the webinar can still view the event live at https://www.youtube.com/c/OneOp/live.
The program will focus on ethical considerations relevant to those professionals dedicated to enhancing family readiness and well-being within the military setting, said Rachel Brauner, AgriLife Extension program specialist, Bryan-College Station.
Webinar featured speaker and learning topics
Christopher Plein, Ph.D., professor of public administration and Eberly Family Professor for Outstanding Public Service, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia, will be the featured speaker.
During the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Explore ethical frameworks that advocate for justice, fairness and equity.
- Delve into the practical application of ethical perspectives of making decisions.
- Acknowledge the potential influence of personal experience and preferences on professional perspectives.
- Discover strategies to mitigate bias and subjectivity.
- Identify avenues for advancing their professional expertise in ethics and related areas through resources offered by the OneOp program.